Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Adam Lambert on coming out and the American Idol Tour

The "American Idol 2009 Summer Tour" kicked off on July 5. Now, ET talks to season eight runner-up Adam Lambert about the tour, his upcoming album and why he chose to wait so long to come out.

ET: Can you talk about how you envision your upcoming album?

Adam Lambert: I am so excited, because I am getting to write with the top people in the business and that is such an honor. I never would have never gotten that opportunity if it hadn't been for this. A lot of people go, "Are you rock, or are you pop? What's your genre?" I did a bunch of different genres on "Idol," so I don't know why I have to pick one. It will definitely have elements of rock, but the production on it, the instrumentation sonically will be very modern and electronic. The word "pop" as a classification means that it is popular. All that really entails is that it is catchy. So, I want to write a bunch of catchy, rock-electro, dance, disco things with a lot of glam to it. Glam is about the visual presentation. It has very little to do with the actual music.

Read the entire ET Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment