Monday, August 10, 2009

Adam Lambert talks about the American Idols Live Tour

American Idol Season 8 runner-up Adam Lambert is currently on tour with the rest of the Top 10 Idols. While he was traveling around the country, we had the opportunity to interview Adam and he opened up about his loyal fans, his upcoming album, and more.

Adam describes an average day on the Idols Summer Tour as "jam packed." They arrive at the venues at around 1pm, head to the dressing room for a snack, take part in press events every other day, attend meet and greets with the fans, prepare for the show, and have dinner. In addition to that busy schedule, Adam finds time to do his own makeup before every show. Adam said it wasn't his theater background that taught him how to do makeup, "I used to do my own makeup when I went to the clubs in Hollywood," Adam said.

Meeting his fans in 50 cities across the nation has "been a pleasant surprise," Adam said. "I have a diverse range of fans which is really cool. I've met fans that range from people in their late fifties to kids." Adam has a message for his large, diverse, and devoted fan base: "I love you guys so much. Thanks for coming out and supporting me on tour."

On a couple of the tour stops, fans have thrown some interesting objects and garments on the stage as Adam performs. "It's become a bit of a tradition for people to throw things on the stage while I'm performing 'Fame' during the Bowie medley. They've thrown bras, panties, handcuffs, a blue boa, and most recently a red leather tassled whip." Ever the performer, Adam doesn't just let the objects rest on the stage. "I have fun with it and I pick up the items and play with them. I hope none of the undergarments hit me in the face!"

from the American Idol site

No comments:

Post a Comment